► Watch Video:
Hand Rejuvenation as seen on Fox 5 News (part 1)
► Watch Video:
Hand Rejuvenation as seen on Fox 5 News (part 2)
- Hands along with head and neck suffer just as much sun induced damage.
- They bear even more chronic sun damage as most people do remember to adequately protect their faces but might ignore the hands.
- Driving for long hours in bright day light puts extra burden on the hands.
Most hands show additional signs of sun damage in the form of:
- Skin textural changes
- Brown spots
- Thinning of skin
- Appearance of fine lines
- Prominence of blood vessels
- Thinning of soft tissue on the surface of the hands
- All of these changes accompanied by sun-induced pre-cancers or so-called Actinic Keratosis.
Why consider Hand Rejuvenation?
Two major reasons:
Actinic keratosis also known as pre-cancers appear with just as much frequency on hands as they do on head and neck. These appear due to sun induced chronic sun damage. If left untreated, some of these will progress to form squamous cell carcinomas, the 2nd most common form of skin cancers that might require surgical intervention and/or chemotherapy.
Once diagnosed with Actinic Keratosis the treatment can be initiated immediately and one can expect >95% clearance with currently available treatments that are FDA approved and covered by most insurances.
Healthy skin, free of pre-cancers, EQUALS beautiful skin!
The desire to look fresher, younger and prettier with vibrant glowing skin is inherent in our DNA.
And guess what? Its not only possible, its affordable as well.
If you limit yours options to just face and neck then your hands will give away the age.
Look younger for your age globally not locally.
How to achieve pretty hands?
- Moisturize and sun protection (SPF of 50 or higher with broad spectrum coverage)
- Even out skin tone (lasers and retinol based products)
- Restore volume loss (fillers or fat injections)
- Avoid gel based manicures that require exposure to UV lamps
- See your dermatologist regularly for skin checks